Clyde M. Siebman
877-EDTEXAS (Toll Free)
Clyde M. Siebman practices throughout Texas with an emphasis on the Eastern District of Texas, the Dallas Division of the Northern District of Texas and the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas. He manages the firm's offices in Sherman and Plano and has been trying cases in Marshall and Tyler since 1992.
Clyde is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has been listed in the Reuters list of Texas Super Lawyers since 2003 and peer review rated "AV" (very high to exemplary) by Martindale Hubbell for over two decades. Clyde is listed by Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Patent, Trademark and Commercial Litigation. He concentrates his practice on assisting companies, firms and individuals in complex civil litigation in the federal and state courts of Texas.
Clyde began his federal practice serving as a law clerk to Senior United States District Judge Paul Brown. He rode the circuit with Judge Brown serving in the Sherman, Texarkana and Beaumont Divisions of the Eastern District of Texas. Clyde has appeared as counsel in over 400 cases in the Eastern District of Texas and has regularly represented clients in cases before the Federal and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Clyde is a frequent lecturer at seminars on topics ranging from federal court practice, patent litigation, business litigation, discovery and local practices in the Eastern District of Texas. Clyde is regularly requested to moderate judicial panels and participate in seminars including those sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Oregon Patent Law Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and American Intellectual Property Law Association. He was a member of the delegation that presented the first patent mock trial at Beijing University and presented on U.S. trial practices at the Southwestern University School of Law and Poltical Science in Chongqing, China.
Clyde currently serves as Chairman of the Advisory Committee of the Institute for Law and Technology of the Center for American and International Law in Plano (formerly Southwestern Legal Foundation). He also co-chairs the Eastern District of Texas Committee on Judicial Infrastructure and is Chairman of the Eastern District of Texas Bench Bar Conference. Clyde has previously served as a member of the Eastern District of Texas' Local Rules Advisory Committee, Non-Appropriated Fund Committee and U.S. Magistrate-Judge Merit Selection Committee. Clyde founded the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association under the auspices of presiding U.S. District Judge Richard Schell and served as its founding president and subsequently served for an unprecedented four terms.
Clyde is also very active in Texas public affairs and has served by way of gubernatorial appointment as chairman of the Grayson County Regional Mobility Authority and on the board of directors of the Red River Authority of Texas and Red River Boundary Commission. He was named as conservator of Texarkana's Riverbend Water Resources District by the 82nd Texas Legislature and has served on the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas and as a Texas Elector on the Presidential Electoral College of the United States.
Clyde is a graduate of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Cox School of Business and Juris Doctor from the Dedman School of Law from which he graduated as a Hatton W. Sumners Law Scholar. He was a member of SMU's National Moot Court Team that advanced to national competition in 1983. Clyde also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from SMU which he received with distinction.
Clyde is married to Judge Carol Siebman who is serving her fifth term as an elected County Court at Law Judge in Grayson County. The couple have one daughter, Elizabeth, who is a graduate of Seattle University School of Law and is also a Texas attorney. Clyde is an amateur Texas historian and enjoys spending time in the outdoors and traveling whenever time permits. Clyde's family is an East Texas pioneer family.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- General Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Psychology
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1980
- Frequent lecturer at seminars on topics ranging from federal court practice, discovery and local practices in the Eastern District of Texas
- Frequent moderator of judicial panels at Advanced Patent Law Conferences sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, Eastern District of Texas Bar Association and American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Honors and Awards
- "AV" Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, 1992 - 2015
- Listed by Texas Super Lawyers, 2003 - 2015
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America , 2014 - 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Founding President
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Court Rules Committee & District Grievance Committee, 1990 - 1992
- Grayson County Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Judge Paul Brown American Inn of Court, President
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Local Rules Advisory Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Non-Appropriated Fund Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, U.S. Magistrate Judge Merit Selection committee
- Federal Bar Association, Liason, Eastern District of Texas Bench-Bar Committee
- State of Texas, Red River Boundary Commission, Commissioner
- O'Conner's Federal Forms, Co-Editor
- State of Texas, Red River Authority, Member, Board of Directors
- Presidential Electoral College of the United States, Elector
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow & Member of the District Nominating Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Paul Brown, U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Texas, Law Clerk, 1986 - 1987