Clyde M. Siebman
877-EDTEXAS (Toll Free)
Clyde M. Siebman practices throughout Texas with an emphasis on the Eastern District of Texas, the Dallas Division of the Northern District of Texas and the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas. He manages the firm's offices in Sherman and Plano and has been trying cases in Marshall and Tyler since 1992.
Clyde is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has earned selection to the annual Texas Super Lawyers list published by Thompson Reuters legal division in Texas monthly magazine from 2003 through 2016. He has also maintained an "AV" Peer Reviewed ranking (very high to exemplary) by Martindale-Hubbell™ for over two decades and is listed in Best Lawyers in America based on his expertise in Patent, Trademark and Commercial Litigation (2014-2017). He concentrates his practice on assisting companies, firms and individuals in complex civil litigation in the federal and state courts of Texas.
Clyde began his federal practice serving as a law clerk to the late United States District Judge Paul Brown, traveling the district alongside Judge Brown serving in the Sherman, Texarkana and Beaumont Divisions of the Eastern District of Texas. Clyde has appeared as counsel in over 400 Eastern District of Texas cases and he has regularly represented clients in cases before the Federal Circuit and 5th U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Clyde is a frequent lecturer on a variety of legal topics including federal court practice, patent litigation, business litigation, discovery and local practices in the Eastern District of Texas. Clyde regularly is called to moderate judicial panels and participate in legal seminars including those sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Oregon Patent Law Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and American Intellectual Property Law Association. He was a member of a delegation of attorneys and judges that presented the first patent mock trial at Beijing University in China and delivered a presentation on U.S. trial practices at Southwestern University School of Law and Poltical Science in Chongqing, China.
Clyde currently serves as Chairman of the Bench Bar Committee of the Eastern District of Texas and as Chairman of the Advisory Committee for the Institute for Law and Technology of the Center for American and International Law in Plano (formerly Southwestern Legal Foundation). He also co-chairs the Eastern District of Texas Committee on Judicial Infrastructure. Clyde previously served as a member of the Eastern District of Texas' Local Rules Advisory Committee, Non-Appropriated Fund Committee and U.S. Magistrate-Judge Merit Selection Committee. He founded the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association under the auspices of presiding U.S. District Judge Richard Schell in 1996 and served as its founding president for an unprecedented four terms.
Clyde also is very active in Texas public affairs, including serving by way of gubernatorial appointment as Chairman of the Grayson County Regional Mobility Authority and previously as a member of the board of directors for the Red River Authority of Texas and Red River Boundary Commission. He was named as conservator of Texarkana's Riverbend Water Resources District by the 82nd Texas Legislature and he has served on the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas. Clyde is a fomer member of the Presidential Electoral College of the United States.
Clyde is a graduate of Southern Methodist University. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Cox School of Business and Juris Doctor from the Dedman School of Law, where he graduated as a Hatton W. Sumners Law Scholar. He was a member of SMU's National Moot Court Team that advanced to nationals in 1983. Clyde also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from SMU which he earned with distinction.
Clyde's wife is serving her fifth term as an elected County Court at Law Judge. Clyde is an amateur Texas historian, loves to travel and is an avid outdoorsman. The Siebman family is an East Texas pioneer family.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- General Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Psychology
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1980
- Frequent lecturer at seminars on topics ranging from federal court practice, discovery and local practices in the Eastern District of Texas
- Frequent moderator of judicial panels at Advanced Patent Law Conferences sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, Eastern District of Texas Bar Association and American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Honors and Awards
- "AV" Preeminent peer review ranking by Martindale-Hubbell™, 1992 - 2015
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thompson Reuters legal division, 2003 - 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America by Woodward/White Inc. , 2014 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Founding President
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Court Rules Committee & District Grievance Committee, 1990 - 1992
- Grayson County Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Judge Paul Brown American Inn of Court, President
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Local Rules Advisory Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Non-Appropriated Fund Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, U.S. Magistrate Judge Merit Selection committee
- Federal Bar Association, Liason, Eastern District of Texas Bench-Bar Committee
- State of Texas, Red River Boundary Commission, Commissioner
- O'Conner's Federal Forms, Co-Editor
- State of Texas, Red River Authority, Member, Board of Directors
- Presidential Electoral College of the United States, Elector
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow and Member of the District Nominating Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Paul Brown, U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Texas, Law Clerk, 1986 - 1987