Lawrence A. Phillips
877-EDTEXAS (Toll Free)
Lawrence (Larry) A. Phillips is a partner in the law firm of Siebman, Burg, Phillips & Smith, LLP. He represents a wide variety of clients in courts throughout East and North Texas. Larry's practice is primarily focused on litigation with a heavy emphasis on litigation in federal courts in the area of intellectual property and complex commercial cases. Larry is also a qualified Texas Mediator and is a former president of the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association. He has served in the Texas House of Representatives since being elected in 2003 representing Delta, Fannin and Grayson Counties of Northeast Texas.
Larry received his bachelor' of Business Administration from Baylor University and his law degree from the University of Houston. Larry is married to Robin Hickman Phillips and they have three children.
Areas of Practice
- General Federal and State Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - December, 1990
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas, USA
- B.B.A. - 1988
- Presenter at various continuing legal education seminars including topics such as Federal Court practice, deposition strategies, employment law issues, legislative process and various legislative updates.
- Federal Court practice, deposition strategies, employment law issues, legislative process and various legislative updates.
- Previous adjunct instructor at Grayson County College for paralegal program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Grayson County Bar Association, Member
- Wichita County Bar Association, Former Member
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Current President, Previously served as Director, Secretary/Treasurer and Vice President
- State Bar of Texas, Employment Law and Intellectual Property Sections Member, Member
- Selected as a Texas Rising Star by Law and Politics Magazine as Published in Texas Monthly