Ms. Barnes represents clients before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas as well as Texas State Courts in Collin County and the surrounding areas. She handles a variety of litigation matters for clients, including business disputes, intellectual property claims, and other civil litigation matters.
Ms. Barnes previously clerked for Judge Curtis L. Collier when he was Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee. She also practiced in the Chattanooga, Tennessee office of Miller & Martin, PLLC, a large law firm in the Southeast, for several years before returning to Texas.
After earning her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, at Austin College in Sherman, Texas, Ms. Barnes graduated from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) in Fort Worth, where she was a member of the Texas Wesleyan Law Review.
Ms. Barnes maintains active professional memberships with the State Bar of Texas and the Collin County Bar Association. Ms. Barnes also serves as an officer for the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association and on the Eastern District of Texas Local Rules Advisory Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Texas, 2004
- Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D. - 2004
- Law Review: Texas Wesleyan Law Review, Staff Member
- Austin College
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1998
- Grayson County College
- A.S. magna cum laude - 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Collin County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- United States District Judge Curtis L. Collier, Eastern District of Tennessee, Clerk